Once you authenticate your Arrows and HubSpot accounts, you can access the Arrows card from the HubSpot Deal and/or Ticket object.
Without having to leave HubSpot, you’ll then be able to
- create a customer-facing plan
- make edits to your plan
- and, share it with your participants
The following video and steps will guide you through this workflow
Note: this example shows the HubSpot Deal object, you can do the same for a Ticket.
1. Open or create a HubSpot Deal to access the Arrows card
The Arrows card might be located at the bottom of right side-bar. You can drag it to the top and lock it in place as seen in the image below.
- Update your Deal owner as this will be the Coordinator on your Arrows plan, the person running the process on your side
- Update the Deal contact as this will be the Point Person on your Arrows plan, the main point of contact on your customer’s side
- Press the Create plan button in the Arrows card to get started
2. Choose the type of plan you want to create
The templates you have created in Arrows will appear for you to choose from in HubSpot.
- Select the type of plan you want to create (or create one from scratch)
- Verify or change the plan coordinator
- Select Create plan to proceed
3. Verify your Start and Target dates for your plan
The Start and Target dates from your template settings will be pre-filled and you can modify them as needed.
Press Continue when you are ready to proceed
4. Confirm the Point Person for your plan
This is the same as the main Contact on the deal and will be the person you are working with directly.
You can add additional participants or update the Point Person from the next screen.
Select Go to plan when you are ready to proceed
Note: no invites are sent at this stage for the main Point Person but they will be notified of task reminders if you start to assign tasks to them on the plan.
We recommend introducing the plan and its purpose to your participants first so they are aware of the potential reminders if you do assign them tasks, here are some templates you can use to introduce the plans!
5. Congrats! Your plan is ready to preview
Now that you have created a plan, you can
- toggle between Edit and View mode to make edits to the plan and view them as you go
- edit the settings or tasks for this specific plan (this will NOT update your main plan template)
- and, share it with additional participants if they will also collaborate on this plan
6. Share the plan with additional participants
In addition to the main Point Person, you can add extra participants to the plan if they need to complete specific tasks, or just need visibility into the process.
Click Share at the top of each plan and…
- add a name and email, and press Send.
- or, copy and share the plan URL directly if your plan settings allow for this level of sharing - this is a great way to give visibility to folks who don’t have tasks assigned to them.
7. Set expectations for the tasks that need to be completed immediately!
Once you have previewed the plan, you can open individual tasks to add the specifics…
- add due dates to tasks, so timelines are clear
- assign urgent tasks to the Point Person (or other participants)
- and, add any extra comments if necessary
Note: assigning tasks and adding comments will send notification emails to those respective participants so feel free to do those pieces once you have communicated the intent of the plan.
Because plans are intended for mutual collaboration, tasks can be assigned to members of your team or any additional participants you invite to the plan as well!
If you close this pop-up, you’ll be returned to the Deal view in HubSpot and the Arrows card will now be populated with information about your plan!